Sunday, January 20, 2013

The First Post

This is The Madd Rose. I decided that would be an appropriate name for my blog because it has been a nickname of mine since I can remember. Madd is a shortened version of my name and Rose is my middle name but I don't suppose you would care for the particulars, would you? ;) I decided to make this blog because a couple months ago, I stumbled upon Amy Dashwood's Yet Another Period Drama Blog, and was hooked. I couldn't beieve there were people who liked Anne of Green Gables,  An Old Fashioned Girl, and Jane Austen as much as I do! There were many contests and events that appeared on blogs like these, and I was eager to participate. I soon realized though, that you needed a blog to fully participate. I toyed with the idea for a while. Would it be worth it to have a blog? Could I actually make one? Would anyone care about what I have to say? What shall I put on it? I decided I would make one, obviously, and I hope to make it about Period Drama movies and mini-series, classic books I enjoy, and old shows I like to watch. Maybe even the occasional ramble about nothing in particular. Maybe no one will read it, but I shall enjoy the experience. This is my first blog and my first blog post, so forgive me if it's too short, or too long, or too boring... and I'm rambling. Sorry, terrible habit of mine. :) In the posts to come I hope to have book reviews, movie reviews, quotes, quizzes, and the like. This should be fun. I hope you all (whoever you may be) think so too.


1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging! You remind me a great deal of myself when I was younger, and I look forward to seeing what else you have to say. You're off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete