Here are the rules:
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions set by your Nomination Blogger
- Nominate 11 bloggers.
- Set questions for the nominated bloggers.
Here are 11 facts about myself you all may not know....
1) I am the eldest of my family
2) I do not like green tea (Too earthy tasting for me)
3) I don't like Coffee (I only like the smell of it)
4) Right now my nails are painted dark pink
5) I used to have a black and white cat named Felix
6) I am reading A Room with a View right now (and quite enjoying it)
7) I have been a ring beareress at a wedding (there weren't many boys so I took the job, haha)
8) I have my ears pierced and am thinking about getting a second piercing on my ear, but am a little afraid to actually take the plunge and do it.
9) I have a teddy bear named Teddy Kent. (after Emily Starr's Teddy, you know)
10) In the same vein, I had a fish named Gilbert Blythe. I called him Gil and thought I was quite clever.
11) I don't know what I want to be when I grow up, and at this point I feel like I should... my cousin is only a little older than me and is heading off to college, seemingly knowing what she wants to do and how she will get there.
And now that you know 11 random facts about me, here are Hamlette's questions:If you had to spend the rest of your life in a different century of Earth's past, where would you spend it?
Oh... there are a couple I would love to live in, but if I HAD to pick just one, it would be Edwardian times in Prince Edward Island... or England.... or America. Okay, so I am not sure where, but that would be the time period. :)
What's your favorite salad dressing?
Ranch. It is actually one of the only salad dressings I actually like. Lately I have taken to putting it on sandwiches and it is really good that way, actually.
What's the worst movie (that you liked least) you saw in 2013?
Oh actually this is hard. I remember rather liking all the movies I have seen lately.
Do you paint your toenails?
Yes. Not usually in the winter though because no one sees them then. It is so nice to paint your toenails because unlike your fingernails, the polish seems to last forever.
What are your three favorite TV shows?
JUST three? Fine. But I do this under protest. I love Road to Avonlea, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, and Hogan's Heroes. That's quite a variety now that I look at it. :)
Are there any books or movies you own more than one copy of? If so, what are they?
Yes. I have three copies of Anne of Green Gables, Anne's House of Dreams, and Anne of the Island. (I bought the books separately and then received the whole series from my aunt.) I also own two copies of An Old Fashioned Girl and A Rose in Bloom, and I have two copies of the movie Cinderella. (Disney's Cinderella and they are VHS tapes)
A lot of the Bloggers I follow have already done this.... so I will be annoying and say if you are reading this and you want to do it. I nominate YOU. :)
If you do this tag, here are my questions:
Chips or popcorn?
If you could be any fictional character for a day, who would it be?
If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Why?
Do you like Classics better or Adventure stories?
Sherlock or Miss Marple? Why?
Who is your favorite villain? Why?
1. Tell us five random things about yourself.
More random things... as Pooh would say "think think think..." 1) I don't like Ketchup 2) I have 2 American Girl dolls 3) I love oatmeal raisin cookies 4) I play the piano 5) I am allergic to cats
2. What are some of your favorite dresses from period dramas? Pick three.
3. How would you describe your own style?
I usually wear jeans and a sweater in this cold whether, with my hair in a French braid. I hope my style is cute but comfy. I wish I owned a few more skirts though.
4. List (up to) five of your favorite period drama wardrobes.
Emma Woodhouse (Emma 2009), Mary Crawley (Downton Abbey), Bella Wilfer (Our Mutual Friend 2000), Olivia King Dale (Road to Avonlea), and Izzy Pettibone (later seasons of Road to Avonlea)
5. What are some of your favorite fashion eras?
Oh yay! Okay, Regency era definitely, I love Edwardian outfits, 1950s glamour is fun, and I like the big hoop skirts of the early 1800s, but would not like to wear them.
6. What are five things that make you happy?
My puppy Ollie, reading, watching my favorite shows, tea, and hand-written letters.
7. Do you like to wear hats?
Umm... I usually don't wear hats, as my school doesn't allow them and I don't have the nerve to stand out usually. If however, I had the lovely hats Edwardian ladies did, and also was in Edwardian times, I would have a collection of lovely hats and would probably want to change them many times a day! :)
8. Do you have a favorite fictional character who has the same name as you?
No :( Sadly, there aren't really any named Maddie, or even Madeline. Emma Approved named Miss Bates Maddie Bates, but she really isn't a favorite character of mine.
9. What is one of the ugliest dresses you've ever seen in a period drama?
There are several, I know but right now I am rather at a loss.. okay, I googled it and this seemed the worst of the lot:
10. What is the most-worn color in your wardrobe?
Blue, I believe. I think I look rather nice in Blue and it is my favorite color.
11. What are your sentiments on the subject of tea?
I love it! I didn't always though. When I was younger, I did not like it. I tried it again three years ago at a tea my aunt took us to and fell in love with it. It is warm, comforting, and very British. What more could a person want?
12. Do historical inaccuracies bother you?
If they are very obvious, yes. If I don't notice them or they are very slight, I am fine with it.
13. What are some of your favorite eras of men's fashions?
Edwardian again. Yes, I really love that period. But top hats and all are nice too.
14. Have you ever read any books on historical fashion?
I read a picture book on fashions through the ages that a neighbor got me. It isn't very in-depth, but it is fun. I think I would really like to read up on it, now that I am into period dramas. So if anyone has a recommendation for me, I would love to hear it in the comments!
15. If you could pick just three fictional characters to have over for tea, who would you invite?
Philippa Gordon from Anne of the Island, the Dowager Countess of Grantham ("Granny" from Downton Abbey), and Lizzy Bennet from Pride & Prejudice. Goodness, those three would certainly make for an interesting tea party, wouldn't they?
Well these were fun to answer! I hope you all enjoyed reading them! And if you want to answer the questions yourself, feel free. :)