Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thankful Thursday #2


It's Thursday again, which means it's time to be thankful! So, I have made a little list again of what I am especially thankful for at the moment....
  • Warm beds. There is nothing like snuggling into a warm bed with a good book at the end of a long day. Fuzzy socks help too. :)
  • Lotions. I have many lotions and potions. Many of the with scents; and when my skin gets cracked and chapped around this time of year, it is nice to have something to both smooth and soothe the skin.... while making you smell good. Wow I sound rather like an advertisement. Oh, well.
                              
  • Friends. I am awfully thankful for my friends. Anytime I need help, even on something as simple as a math problem, they are there to help me out. And that's really nice to know.
  • Quotes. I love quotes. It is amazing how someone you don't even know, someone from another place or even another time, can feel how you feel, and express it ever so much nicer than you ever could. The quotes that just get to you. And I love finding those. I am a major quote collector. I have them on my desktop, on my chalkboard, on my cork board, and in a notebook. Here are a few I have liked lately: "
"Once you face and understand your limitations, you can work with them, instead of having them work against you and get in your way, which is what they do if you ignore them, whether you realize it or not. And then you will find that, in many cases, your limitations can be your strengths." -The Tao of Pooh

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." -Philippians 4:13

                 
"What day is it?"asked Pooh. "It's Today!" squeaked Piglet. "My favorite day," said Pooh. -Winnie the Pooh 

"Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts." -Charles Dickens

"Humility is not thinking less of yourself, but thinking of yourself less." -C.S. Lewis

And, finally, "People are often unreasonable and self-centered: forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives: be kind anyway.
If you're successful, you'll win some false friends and some true enemies: succeed anyway.
If you're honest and frank, people may cheat you: but be honest anyway.
What you spend years building, someone can destroy overnight: build anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous: be happy anyway.
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow: do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough: give the world the best you've got anyway.
You see, in the final analysis, it's between you and God, it was never between you and them anyway."
-Mother Teresa 

Do you have a favorite quote(s)? I hope you have a lovely end of the week! 

3 comments:

  1. I love quotes too! I have several notebooks full of them. I love that quote from Charles Dickens! Actually a lot of my favorites are from him. One of my favorite quotes right now is:
    "Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones. And when you have finished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake." ~Victor Hugo

    Actually, I have far too many favorites to name, but that is just one of them. : )

    ~Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so many favorite quotes! Too many to put here. But I love them.

    And I'm definitely thankful for lotion too. I have eczema, very mild, but that means my skin gets really dry really fast, so I have to stay moisturized to avoid being itchy. You have a picture of B&BW lotion -- are you a fan? I love their Twilight Woods scent. Definitely has an outdoorsy thing going on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma: What a lovely quote!
      Hamlette: I completely understand about too many favorite quotes... I had to stop myself, as the post would be very VERY long if I'd put all my favorites. And I do love Bath and Body Works. I even have the Twilight Woods scent :)

      Delete